Thursday, September 13, 2007

Self Motivation

DSP Blog Prompt: Self-motivation. Ever get in a rut and didn't feel like you would ever get out? What did you do to pull yourself up and out?

Hm.

I don't think I ever get OUT of the rut.

The closets always need cleaned out. I got my summer clothes out in July this year. The autumn leaves from last fall didn't get burned until June. The dishes get left until I need to cook again, the checkbook gets balanced when I'm afraid I might have bounced something, the shopping gets done when we are out of EVERYTHING. The utility bills get paid late because I forget to mail them off. I don't want to do direct deposit because I forget to balance my checkbook on time.

I'm still legally married. I left my husband 8 years ago. We were only married for six. How's that for procrastination?

I do what I can do, until I get tired, and what's not done, someone else can do, or it gets left.

What do I do to get out of it? I don't really think I do. I haven't felt 'caught up' since I was 15 and didn't know what all that stuff is.

If anyone has any good ideas, pass them along. Usually the best motivation for me, though, is the onset of spring and fall. Which means, I'm about to get my butt up and going, right about now.

Maybe. I still have scrapping to do, and books to read, and costumes to sew......

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Man, I feel your pain. The crap just never gets completely done, does it? BTW, it is still "yarn". Have you joined Ravelry yet? It's a knitting/crochet community that lets you look at other people's finished work, compare patterns & yarns, keep track of your own projects, and make friends. It's in beta now, but should be up for the general public by the end of the month.

Glynis said...

I procrastinate so much more now than I ever did when I was younger. I have no idea if it is because I realize not much is so important that it HAS to get done right this second, or if it's just plan laziness. I'm voting for the latter :)

Unknown said...

Procrastination and I are on speaking terms, LOL. Just keep your chin up; but don't mind me, I don't really know what I'm talking about anyway.

You have been tagged. The meme you need to copy will be on my blog soon (I hope) :)

loonyhiker said...

My house needs constant cleaning and there is only 2 of us! My windows haven't been washed in years and my closets only get cleaned when I've lost something and I have to pull everything out. So, don't feel alone in that! My close friend once told me that you can clean your house when you aren't able to enjoy the other things in life so go out there and enjoy. She is dead now but I really take what she said to heart (as you can tell by my house! LOL)