Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hats?

DSP Blog Prompt: Fashionably Correct. In years past one would not be seen without a hat to complete your ensemble. Not so much these days. When and where do you think it is fashionably correct to wear a hat?

Halloween.

I say this because it seems that hats ARE indeed socially unacceptable anymore....all the 'rules' point to where or how NOT to wear hats....Not in church, not at the table. etc etc.. And, then if all else fails, there's the adage that 'wearing a hat all the time will make you bald.'


What about do-rags???

Personally I think I look like a dork in hat, especially a baseball cap. Witches' hats are Okay, and the beekeeper hats are good when gathering honey. I haven't gathered honey, though, in over 20 years, not since Uncle Clyde's beehives.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Witch's hat...now I could get into one of those!

Do-rags make me laugh, though. I couldn't get away with wearing one.

loonyhiker said...

OMG! Did you gather honey? The only time I have seen that was in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. I don't think I would have the courage to do that.

Unknown said...

How neat that you used to gather honey.

Unknown said...

Halloween is always an acceptable time for wearing a hat. note to self: Must get a couple for this year....