Friday, September 7, 2007

Fashion Facts

DSP Blog Prompt: Fashion Facts. Over the centuries, fashions have taken dramatic changes. Do you know of any obscure fashion facts to add to our knowledge?

I think everyone knows corsets were made from whale bones. That's all I know. I'm not a fashion queen, and I never have been. But it's funny that a fashion prompt is up today, because today I finally took the time to stop by the mall and get myself some new jeans for work. After plugging through 10 stores, embarassing myself in the skinny stores (couldn't get the stuff past my hips) and being sniffed at in the stores that cater to heavier women, (yes she literally told me to go elsewhere, nothing would fit me there. Nice.)....I finally landed in the Gap, and while I did NOT want to pay Gap prices, a homosexual salesman made me feel so at ease and picked out the perfect jeans in less than ten minutes. The guy was awesome. He made me miss my old restaraunt coworkers so much!!!!! I love gay men! (Yes that's off topic, but I had to say it.)

So, I finally have a pair of jeans that fit. After almost a year battling my new weight, I'm comfortable in at least one pair of pants. I'd pay another 60$ for another pair that fit so well.

Let's see....little known fashion facts....sorry, drawing a bust on this one!

2 comments:

mom2triplets04 said...

I too found a pair of pants that fit pretty good. I don't like the ones which the belly shows. What's up with that? Do they call them hip huggers or something. After having children I so do not want my gut to show. Anyway, I must be old fashioned as I like the regular type jeans.

Unknown said...

Corsets... Bust.... LOL.... No pun intended I am sure :)

Sometimes it is worth paying the little extra to get what feels good. Glad you found a pair you like.