Friday, September 14, 2007

Memes and Beauty Secrets

I have been tagged by Tink, my fave OtherFaery, of [url=http://tinkstribulations.blogspot.com/] Tink's Tribulations. I have to list seven things about me you probably don't know. (My oldest freinds will probably not only know it, but still remember it.) But this is for my virtual friends!

I am going to use FIRSTS as a springboard, since anything current is just.....boring.


1. Who was your first prom date?
Didn't make it to prom

2. Who was your first roommate?
Glenda Seaford---my thoughts still follow you all the way to Heaven.

3. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
Virginia Beach, Virginia


4. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
Cory & Debbie


5. Whose wedding were you in the first time?
Crystal's--Maid of honor


6. What was the first concert you ever went to?
Guns s Roses and Aerosmith


7. First tattoo or piercing?
tattoo--spray of roses on the ankle---15 yrs old
piercing---ears at 7 yrs old


And I'm supposed to tag 7 other people. I don't think I know 7, so I'll go as far as I can:

Pat from The Life of LoonyHiker
LuLu from Linda Rechtin's Designer Blog
Beth from Beth's Designer Blog *******************************************************************************

DSP Blog prompt for Friday:
Beauty Secrets. What beauty secrets do you use (no matter how unusual)?

Food for thought, food for the tummy, and for your body....

Cabbage for acne treatment:
Cabbage toner:
4 oz witch hazel
One 1-in square pc of cabbage leaf
Put in wide-mouth plastic bottle. Cover w/ tight fitting lid. Let steep for 24 hours. Keeps up to 1 week.

Olive oil in the hair, put a plastic bag over it, lay on a towel and a heating pad, turning every so often. Or go do yardwork in the summer. Or blowdry it with the bag on it, but it's got to set, like, an hour or more. Leaves your hair super soft and shiny. Hard as heck to wash out, but it's just like a hot oil treatment for.....oh, 5 cents. My hair is to my waist and two tablespoons does the trick.

Preparation H for puffy wrinkled eyes. Do it at night, cause it kinds stings if your undereyes are in pretty bad shape. (Um among other reasons, haha)

Green tea for everything. Put warmed tea bags under the eyes for circles and puffs, drink for cancer-fighting, antioxidants, nerves.

Orange juice and a bowl of chili the morning after to cure a hangover. (It works.)

Lay on the sofa every night with your legs over your heart for at least an hour to prevent vericose veins.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you list. Definitely will have to try some of them out and give the cabbage treatment recipe to my daughter.

Unknown said...

Oops somehow missed that the meme and the prompt were on the same post, LOL. Faery dust must be wearing off (or maybe I just got up too early). Really like the direction you took with it.

Glynis said...

All great tips! Thanks!