Sunday, August 19, 2007

Relaxation

Blog Prompt: Aug 15 is National Relaxation Day. Tell what things you see, hear or do that relaxes you.



This is Wednesday's prompt. I'm late.



One very big thing is to eat and read, although, when I am super stressed like I have been this week, reading doesn't calm me much because the people in the books are always in trouble. This is the stuff of great fiction, no argumant about it, but I have to already be at a certain point of OK before I can even enjoy a good book or movie anymore.



I like a glass of wine in the evenings, sometimes, but I don't like the smell it leaves so I rarely even do that. I usualy end up going and brushing my teeth at least once after every glass. I should also state that I also can't stand the smell of alcohol on other people, either. That's a long story, not one for now.



Crocheting is relaxing. But, it is time consuming, so I usually don't crochet unless I have a specific project to complete.



Writing is relaxing. I know though, that I usually do not like what I write when I go back and read it, so my attempts at fiction are usually thrown away. This is a habit I've had all of my life, and now I wish I'd kept the diaries I'd made as a younger woman, so I could look back on them now.



I guess I find it very hard to relax!!! Today, anyway, when I need to be able to really bad. Nerves have been taut all week, for several reasons.



Probably the most relaxing thing of all for me is scrapbooking and trying to learn how to design. I can't hardly wait until I can get a copy of PSCS3 and really do some learning. I hate money being so tight.



I love to go to the lake and be near the water. The sound of water lapping on the banks is very relaxing.



I guess, given the burnout I am suffering and the nature of my job, NOT having to talk to people is relaxing!

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Being sick, I actually got a lot of my crocheting done. Lately I haven't been able to sit still long enough to do it. I like a glass of wine now and then but drinking too much gives me a yeast infection! Yuck!