Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Rant

I'm having trouble with the boy again. Seems that AFTER he got in trouble for numerous other issues over the summer, he decided it would be OK to go up to the highschool and kick a steel door in to the concession stand with another kid and have a Coca-Cola splattering fight. The Coca-Cola fight is cool, the breaking down of the school's steel door IS NOT.

We've placed several types of punishment in effect over the course of each offense. He continues his blatant disrespect for me, claims all his misdeeds should be No Big Deal, and blames me for screwing his life up. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So is he just going through a normal teen rebellion stage? Or is there some sore of serious lack of responsibility here that I need to be worried about? I get varying answers from people. I guess it depends on how bad their kids were.

I got extremely disgusted with his attitude and the fact that he made the twins very nervous last night, so I called the police. It's one of the most heartbreaking things on earth to watch your child hand-cuffed and led off and driven away in a police car, even if they are just taking him to a counselor, and even if it's what he needs, and even if you did the calling.


My new job still doesn't hasn't recieved the last bit of paperwork they need from from the county, so I am going on day #3 waiting to start. I will be so glad to return to work, and I'm so tickled to have this new job. It's just been par for the course for my week.

The Health Dept. seems to have a major problem with my contractor who installed my new septic system. So, therefore, they have a problem with my new septic system. Which happens to work fine.

The SUV just underwent it's second estimate at the body shop after being rear-ended by a teenager. The results weren't good. I won't post about that until later, though.

It has NOT been a good week. And it's only Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

I think I need some prayers.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I'm so sorry that you haven't had a good week. I know what you are going through with your son. Hopefully the counseling will work. Have you taken him to the family doctor for a full check up? Hopefully he isn't on any drugs? My daughters were diagnosed with bipolar disorder, which made us relieved to know why, but it was still painful through all the police episodes, mental health appointments etc. We lived through it all and now both of my girls are in their 30s. My youngest and I are close which is amazing after what we went through with her. Hang in there, and don't give up!