Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Illness

Blog Prompt: Describe the most serious illness you have ever had.

Being pregnant!!!! Of course, that's not necessarily an 'illness', but it caused the most pain and suffering, ever.

I guess the most serious 'illness' was when I was about 15, and my stomach started hurting and it just never stopped, for over a week, gradually getting worse until I couldn't hardly walk. I remember finally going and hunting my mother down, and her being irritated at me demanding her to take me to the hospital. I was told that 'this had better be good.'

They kept me for 8 days.

It was eventually diagnosed as gastritis, a stomach condition that can be best descibed as numerous tiny 'pinholes' in the stomach. It took them that long to figure it out because it's not a condition common in teens, and they think mine was brought on by bad nerves. It doesn't go away. Luckily I haven't been bothered with a bout of the pain from it in several years. And the castor oil they fed me in the hospital.....well, if you reallllllly hate somebody, make 'em drink a half a bottle of THAT stuff. The 1/2 teaspoon Mammy gives you to keep you regular doesn't hold a candle to hospital doses.....


Speaking of nerves, they are still bad. Very rough this week, in fact. I have several things floating around right now, and I wish the problems would go away. The full moon has hit our house with a vengeance.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Wow! This sounds awful. I hope all that you are going through doesn't bring this back into play. Please take care of yourself!