Saturday, April 7, 2007

DSP's 4/5 Prompt

Muse: a source of inspiration; especially : a guiding genius
What would you consider to be your muse? Why?

I don't have a source-----a valid, physical source, I have something in me. I can't control it, and it turns itself off and on all by itself. If it's on, I can look at something physical and draw some sort of inspiration from it for whatever it is that I am trying to create. Sometimes, my memories are vivid and I feel a great urge to write them down. Sometimes, I have nothing. I think it is a gift from God that we call 'the need to create'. Only those of us who have it can understand it. It doesn't mean necessarily that what I come up with is any good, but, when it's on, it's on, and when it's not, well, go wash the dishes until it comes back. When it's on, I can get inspiration from a pattern I see, a poem I read, or the scuff spot on the laundry room cabinet! It's everywhere or nowhere.

No comments: