Friday, July 13, 2007

Random musings

Wheeee! It's vacation time this week. I am going to looooove all the sleeping in I am going to do. The defintion of sleeping in, to me, is, just sleeping until you wake up. So I might sleep in till 7 am one day then noon the next.

Going to try to take the kiddos camping. I am really looking forward to that. I hope I can find a bathing suit to fit my extra 30 pounds in! I need a lawn chair, too, actually, we pretty much have everything except what I need. Imagine that.

Before that, though, there's got to be some major cleaning going on around here. My bedroom needs an overhaul (yeah, it's my fault, I gotta find a place to store all my jumbo plastic size containers full of fabric, and yarn, cross stitch crap, paper scrapbook stuff....etc) so, in order to do that, the 'back room' which right now is just an abyss.........well....the 'abyss' needs cleaned out in a bad way.........and it needs turned into a walk in closet. I have never met a house with so much NO closet space as my house!!! There's the backyard that needs an overhaul....not even going to get myself started with that. The front porch needs it. Maybe Steve can get the hammock up, too, and I can snuggle or at least go finish Hooper's Jack the Ripper book I snagged off him. I love to read outside! Maybe next year we can get a smaller laptop that the bettery will stay charged longer on and I can actually go scrap and design and write and muse in the hammock.

I hope for the good of my house I stay on the revamp the house kick. I am so wanting to get some of this stuff done.

Wallpaper......the twins have changed their mind AGAIN!!! Partially, it's my fault........the stuff they picked out isn't prepasted. I am scared of not prepasted wallaper. So after two hours of more looking, they finally decided, while we were in the car going home, on a tropical palm tree mural. I don't really know how I'm going to pull that one off. So, back to the drawing board on room design. And just when I had finally worked out a way to make the obnoxious pink teardrop retor crap maybe actually look good..........

Today's DSP prompt was:
Do you have a lucky number? Why is it lucky?

The answer is no, so, that doesn't make for a very interesting prompt from me!!!

However, this week has been a lucky week..........Bethy made a kit just for me because she loved my Reading to the Girls photo. The photo is here: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=199908&cat=500&ppuser=56638

And Bethy's gorgeous kit is here:
http://bethnixon.blogspot.com/2007/07/august-2007-buzz.html

It's so wonderful! I can't wait to try and scrap this photo!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like some exciting stuff is happening at your house. Good luck with the wallpaper. it's always great to change the look of a room with wallpaper. I'm with you on the prepasted thing though.