Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

DSP Blog Prompt: How does your city celebrate this day or do you do anything special? Do you know anyone who has served in the military? If so, let us know so that we can honor all of those who serve their country.

My city doesn't do anything special for Memorial Day. Most businesses do not shut down but I personally, at the moment, am lucky enough to get the holiday off.

I know several people that have served in the military. They don't talk much about it. I have been fortunate enough to hear some old war stories, first hand, from a soldier who fought on the front lines in Normandy and elsewhere in WWII. I believe the stories were told in confidence to our family at the time, so I will not repeat them here. But I will say that if ANYONE deserves the respect of the world...it is a soldier!!!!

No comments: