Saturday, March 31, 2007

Four Leaf Clovers

Today while I was cooking dinner Ro comes in with a 'four leaf clover'. When I commented on it, she took one leaf away and rolled her eyes.
"There's no such thing!" she says.
Now as many times as we have perused the old photo albums, I know she has seen the laminated four leaf clover that I have. She doesn't remember it, so I tell her the story about how my mother's one-time fiance (the man she should have married, in my opinion) found the four leaf clover, and since my mom thought it was so special, he had it laminated for her.
"Yes, there really are four-leaf clovers, but they are very hard to find. You have to find the clover bed and look very, very carefully, and closely, at each and every one. If you hang on, I'll go out with you after dinner and we can take a look."
But she's impatient, and off she scampered back into the yard. I figured she'd be out there a good long while, and would probably come back in disgruntled. However, she come bounding back in about 20 minutes later, squealing with delight.
"Mommy! I FOUND ONE! I found a four-leaf CLOVER!!!!!!!"
And sure enough she had---she pushed a perfect four leaf clover at me---no fourth leaf held on by tiny fingers.
So tomorrow, laminate is on the list, so that I have another clover to add to the album.

No comments: