Sunday, October 7, 2007

One more house problem

So, Sunday night, LAST Sunday night, the back half of the house's electricity blips. Probably just another blown fuse, but I can't see which one, so I wait for Steve to get home. Once he gets home, the lights are working fine. So maybe I was just hallucinating.

Then,

The oven won't work.
The dryer never did dry the last load of clothes.
The stove won't work.
The house is getting a bit stuffy.

Then, Monday evening, to add insult to injury, I go to take my bath, and the water won't get above barely tepid.

Geesh.

So we suffer all week. I invade various family members for showers for me and the kids. We suffer through the laundromat. We burn up at night. We live off TV dinners all week. (Oh, and tuna fish....) I'm too old for this.....


The electrician comes today. They can't understand how the place hasn't burnt down. Of course

So we are temporarily displaced this week while the house gets rewired.

Fun.

4 comments:

Glynis said...

Oh no!! I hope everything gets fixed and you aren't 'refugees' anymore. ((((hugs)))))

Sandra said...

Bummer on the electrical woes. I remember not too long ago, my new house wasn't ready for move in, but we sold our old house and had to get out. So we lived in a old victorian that my husband was remodeling, without a fridge or stove or washer & dryer. We had power (luckily) but lived off the crockpot and the laundromat and kept our perishables in the screened-in porch (it was November and therefore cool enough to keep milk, etc.)

Closest I ever came to divorce, but makes for fun memories.

Hope you get your power fixed soon.

Denise said...

Eek... hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.